New work for piano trio

Here is the place to discuss about your favourite instrument in English!

Répondre
Nigel Keay

New work for piano trio

Message par Nigel Keay » sam. oct. 11, 2008 11:29 am

My work for piano trio titled Variations on a Theme from At the Hawk's Well will be performed by the musicians of Orchestre 2021 on 3rd October 2008 at the Fondation des États-Unis, 15 boulevard Jourdan, Paris 75014 (please see my website for more details).
The trio is in one movement at around 9 minutes, and was first performed in New Zealand in 2007. The score and parts can be freely downloaded from my webpage.

JBap
Modérateur

Re: New work for piano trio

Message par JBap » sam. oct. 11, 2008 5:00 pm

Nice, and who is going to play ?
Les critiques sont comme les eunuques : ils savent, mais ne peuvent pas. S. Guitry

Nigel Keay

Message par Nigel Keay » sam. oct. 11, 2008 11:21 pm

Thanks for the reply. The players for the piano trio will be; Aude de Larouzière - violin, Bénédicte de Larouzière - cello, and Anne Bertin-Hugault.
I'll be playing in another of my pieces on the programme, Diversions for Quintet (oboe, clarinet, violin, viola & double bass), and also the Mozart Oboe Quartet with Herbert Lashner playing oboe. Erika Bliznik will be playing clarinet and Guillaume Pagnon double bass.
Modifié en dernier par Nigel Keay le mar. avr. 27, 2010 11:27 am, modifié 1 fois.

tiersi

Message par tiersi » sam. oct. 11, 2008 11:41 pm

The Anglo-saxon community at Geneva (American, British, New Zealander, South African, Indian, etc.) is quite larg around Geneva, more than 35'000 people. You may try to contact the US ambassy to see whether they can organise something for you. There are also several clubs (american women club, etc.) which are quite active in the cultural field.

Nigel Keay

New recording of piano trio

Message par Nigel Keay » mar. avr. 27, 2010 11:36 am

In December 2009 I made a new recording of the work and on this occasion it was played by Anastasiya Filippochkina (violin), Gabriel Casalis (cello) and Debra Takakjian (piano). This recording will be coming out on a CD of my chamber works sometime in the next few months. This is part of a project supported by the fonds d’Amitié France Nouvelle-Zélande (France - New Zealand Friendship Fund).

Nigel Keay

New work for piano trio on CD

Message par Nigel Keay » sam. déc. 31, 2011 11:24 am

The CD mentioned above is finally out and is called: Nigel Keay Music for Small Groups. It's a collection of five of my works for different formations, two of them including cello, the Piano Trio and String Quartet No.2. It's now available at the following CD shops in Paris; Souffle Continu, La Chaumière à musique and La Dame Blanche.

Répondre